Monday, October 22, 2012

A Sweet Classic Fall Treat!!

Fall is by far my favorite season I love everything about fall. Last weekend was super chill for me I didn't go out or do anything spectacular. Just stayed home snuggled under my blanket and watched tv plus studied most of the time. That all quickly changed when I decided to go to the grocery store for apples. I wanted something sweet with apples so I decided to make a homemade apple pie....well almost homemade!! Let me just say it only lasted for a couple hours!!

What you'll need:

A bag of apples (your choice) I used red delicious apples there my favorite!!

Pillsbury pie crust

Sugar

Cinnamon

Nutmeg

Flour

One egg

Butter

Getting Started:

1. You want to preheat your oven to 375.

2. Rinse, peel and cut your apples up. I used the whole bag which was enough for two pies but I only made one. I also squeezed a little lemon onto my apples to keep them from turning brown so quickly!!!

3. Place apples into a bowl and add one cup of sugar and mix until apples look wet.

4. Add your nutmeg and cinnamon, I eye balled it..being it was my first time...not too much though just a bit.

5. Now mix it all together!!!

6. The cheat part because I was not making dough from scratch...taking our already bought dough, sprinkle some floor onto the counter or cutting board so you can roll out the dough.

7. Then place the dough into a baking pan of your choice or an actual pie pan...add your apples and add about four pieces of butter throughout the pie.

8. Now place the other piece of dough onto top cut some slits through..you can be creative or just slits anywhere!!

9. Before putting your pie into the oven beat one egg and add the egg wash all over the pie!!! Place in the oven for an hour or so....and bam a sweet classic fall treat!!

XoXo, t.Marie


Ps. I had left over apples so I just put them in a pot with a tiny bit of water for ten minutes and let them simmer..the next day they were great with biscuits for breakfast!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favorite Quote

"When I shop, the world gets better, and the world is better,but then it's not, and I need to do it again" Confessions Of a Shopaholic